BEST Inc. Publishes ESG 2021 Report
HANGZHOU, China, May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- BEST Inc. (NYSE: BEST) ("BEST" or the "Company"), a leading integrated smart supply chain solutions and logistics services provider in China, today released its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) report for 2021. The report presents an overview of the ESG initiatives BEST introduced last year, as well as an update on their progress.
"It is a logistics company's duty to play to its strengths in environmental and social responsibility," said Johnny Chou, Chairman and CEO of BEST. "To create more value and better returns for society, we have worked to reduce our carbon emission and use of plastics. We also jumped into action with relief supplies and their delivery during a number of emergencies and times of urgent need."
The 2021 ESG report covers five major areas:
- Environment – BEST continued its promotion of green logistics solutions by emphasizing pollution reduction across company operations. In 2021, BEST:
- Community – BEST launched public welfare campaigns in China and Southeast Asia to help fight COVID-19 and natural disasters, as well as gave aid to vulnerable people in underdeveloped areas.
- Customers and clients – BEST spared no effort in shaping intelligent distribution and warehousing, and boosting its use of technology. In 2021, BEST:
- Workplace – BEST devoted significant time and resources to the selection, development, and retention of its valued workforce. In 2021, BEST:
- Corporate governance – BEST proactively worked to promote service quality, workplace safety, and internal risk management. In 2021, BEST:
For the full BEST Inc. ESG 2021 report, please visit:
SOURCE BEST Inc.